Tuesday 6 April 2010

Weekends are like rainbows that disappear when you get up close



Where does the time go?! On friday my lovely sister and gorgeous niece and nephew arrived bringing chaos in their wake. With one trip to the farm - more pigs! and another to the woods, to stomp through the mud, we spent our time in jeans and jumpers - not quite the springlike weather I would have hoped for with only Easter Sunday bringing a few hours of sunshine.

Yesterday, we waved goodbye and I set about doing the ironing (yawn), catching up on a few episodes of CSI and organising my suitcase for our upcoming holiday for my 40th birthday on Sunday. We're off to NYC and I feel like I've been planning it forever! It has been a definite, that I would ignore the fact that I was moving up another decade by waking up in the middle of a New York spring, the sun would be shining and the shopping would be amazing! I have my $'s and I'm going to spend them :-)
I went straight from work to the hairdressers tonight, who made my hair look as good as it can and then I had to rush home in the rain, losing the style Nyree had worked hard to achieve - oh well, back to normal!

2 comments:

  1. Oh they're adorable! Sounds like a lovely weekend despite the rubbish weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, New York? I am NOT jealous. Much.

    ReplyDelete