Saturday 8 May 2010

I Heart NYC

I have finally got round to photographing my lovely NYC bargains (well some of them anyway!)

My main shopping mission was to get a dress for each of the 2 big weddings I'm going to this summer. The 1st is my husband's cousin who is getting married in Birmingham a week today. I have always lusted after the beautiful dresses in Anthropologie but not being of a typical size 0 thought they might look a little wrong on my curvy size 14 figure - I will get pictures of me wearing it next week and will grit my teeth and post them for you all! - but I fell in love with this very quirky dress and just had to have it. I bought a coral coloured pashmina to go over it for the church service (although with our current freezing weather, I'm considering getting a jacket and tights!)


I got home and realised although I have almost 100 pairs of shoes and boots, I don't actually have anything to match! So I bought some new shoes and then obviously needed a bag to match too.



The shoes were a huge bargain at £6! Primark is always cheap but then half price too, so I splashed out on the very expensive £14 bag from TK Maxx.

The 2nd wedding of the year is my brother-in-law and his lovely wife to be, Emma. We were rushing through Macys having spent a very busy day sightseeing and I saw a glimpse of this dress on a mannequin. I was determined to go back and try it on and eventually, 4 days later, I did!

I haven't decided on the accessories for this one, but I've got plenty of time and another trip to the US before their big day.


I did a lot of shopping while we were away, not least because we had an extra 6 days there! Most of the stuff I bought was for my son and daughter - jeans, t-shirts etc. However, I did buy myself a few bits and pieces, the skirts were both bargains - the black one was from Tommy Hilfiger for $10 (£7.50 in our money!) and the grey patterned one was from Century 21 (like TK Maxx only on 5 floors!) and was $15. I bought the Converse trainers on the 2nd day and wore them all holiday, so comfortable and I've wanted a new pair for ages.

Back soon with wedding tales...

2 comments:

  1. They are both stunning - can't wait to see you wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what gorgeous dresses! especially the first one

    ReplyDelete